It feels like perhaps we need a more nuanced understanding of what we mean
by our "use" of upstream components. If I am understanding some of the
conversations correctly, Be might be more generally overall stable, but
doesn't enable key capabilities (or has higher instability) around VPN and
SFC advancement. B might be more stable around those features but has some
instability around other features like HA, and that some scenarios might
find one or the other more appropriate depending on their focus.

Is this an accurate characterization?

If it is, it seems as though we're in an interesting position to understand
at system level where specific strengths and weaknesses are in upstream
releases, and that knowledge itself might be valuable for our ecosystem.

With an overall mission of advancing and accelerating NFV, does this sort
of knowledge capture possibly fit into our deliverables as much as release
creation and upstream influence.

And, yes, I realize our documentation should and likely does capture this
sort of thing, but I'm wondering about elevating this sort of knowledge in
terms of our value to the industry.

This is merely speculative thinking meant to spur some conversation rather
than an assertion, but I'm curious to hear thoughts from people.

Heather

*Heather Kirksey*
Director, OPNFV
Mobile: +1.512.917.7938