From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Tahhan, Maryam
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:15 PM
To: Klozik, MartinX <martinx.klo...@intel.com>;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [VSPERF] topology description scheme

Hi Martin
Comment inline

From: Klozik, MartinX
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:16 PM
To: Tahhan, Maryam <maryam.tah...@intel.com<mailto:maryam.tah...@intel.com>>;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: RE: [VSPERF] topology description scheme

Hi Maryam,

Thanks for initial proposal. It looks good overall. It seems, we are going to
define a grammar of a small language. In that case it might be useful to define
it well for both human and machine processing. Just for case, we would like to
create a class, which will be able to prepare a setup automatically based on
the scheme name.

In that case, we should consider:

1)      Possible ambiguity in number meaning; May be, we should consider a
standalone number as an index and number prefixed with x as multiplication
factor, e.g. LS1 vs. PVx3P
<MT> sounds good

2)      In your proposal is V a synonym for VM with 2 NICs; We should consider
a possibility of VMs with different NIC number, i.e. to really use V as a
Virtual NIC, e.g. PVVP in meaning of phy_nic->virt_nic->virt_nic->phy_nic.
However I can't figure out an intuitive but still flexible way to describe
complex scenarios, e.g. 1VM with 4NICs in parallel or even 2 VMs in series,
where 1st VM has 2NICs, but 2nd 4NICs in parallel...
<MT> Just to be clear the proposal suggests V is a virtual NIC not a VNF...  so
the example for PVP and PVVP was incorrect below... I meant to update that
before sending out the mail and I forgot... :$

PVP

LS_PV2P

PVVP

LS_PV4P