Hi, to separate public network from admin network you need to have two separate
L2 broadcast domains, I.e. 2 VLANs. Otherwise the network tests will not pass.
BR/Jonas

From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of
f.jabb...@itrc.ac.ir
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:40 AM
To: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [Fuel] Problem with networking (public and pxe
network, DHCP)

Dear all,

We are trying to install OPNFV with Fuel (Brahmaputra). We've recently set up a
fuel master on a VM using ubuntu bridging and virt-manager. Now the GUI is
accessible and nodes are detected. Our problem is with network configurations.
We have just one NIC on fuel master host (which the bridge br0 is assigned to)
and one network interface in fuel master VM. Other nodes are on bare metals.
Nodes are connected via the only gateway in the network that is unfortunately
out of our control: 10.1.247.1 and a DHCP server is running on that!

To assign accessible IP addresses to nodes, we had to use the same network and
gateway for public network! We tried to isolate public network from PXE network
using different CIDRs and assigning different IP ranges. but it seems not
working!
(error detail is as follows:
When VLAN tagging is not checked for public network, it says "some untagged
networks are assigned to the same physical interface".
And when VLAN tagging is checked, we got DHCP error: "Node Untitled (a7:4f)
discovered DHCP server via enp7s0 with following parameters: IP: 10.1.247.1,
MAC: ... This server will conflict with the installation.")

I thought it is not obligatory to have more than one NIC on fuel master, Am I
right? If yes, how should we configure our PXE and public networks?

The network configuration is as follows:

We had  needed to have 10.1.247.* as our public address.
Host 1 (the VM is running on this host)
IP: 10.1.247.129 (br0 interface) , gateway: 10.1.247.1 (A DHCP server is
running here. Because this node in not under our control, we cannot stop DHCP.
But we need this node as gateway)
Fuel Master: VM with IP 10.1.247.131 (assigned to eth0, connected to br0),
gateway 10.1.247.129
Host 2: Node1 as controller (10.1.247.32  was assigned to it)
Host 3: Node2 as compute (10.1.247.33  was assigned to it)
PXE network:  mask: 255.255.255.128  , Pool: 10.1.247.132 - 10.1.247.140

public network: CIDR: 10.1.247.0/25<http://10.1.247.0/25>, IP range:
10.1.247.120 - 10.1.247.124, gateway: 10.1.247.1. (As we needed to access
public network and floating IPs externally, we had to use this gateway)

Thanks in advance,

Fatemeh