Hello team,

Last year, use case 4 was discussed, some network related requirements were
identified:
https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/multisite_centralized_servic<https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/multisite_centralized_service>

  *   global view for tenant level IP address / mac address space management

  *   If a tenant has networks in multiple region, and these networks are
routable (for example, connected with VPN), then, IP address may be duplicated.
Need a global view for IP address space management

  *   If IP v4 used, this issue needs to be considered. For IPv6, it should not
be a problem. IR - disagree with this statement. This requirement is important
not just for prevention of duplicate address.

  *   For security and other reasons it's important to know which IP Addresses
(IPv4 and IPv6) are used in which region.

  *   Can we also extend such requirement to MAC address tracking?

  *   Can we also extend such requirement to mapping for floating and public IP
Addresses

  *   A service to clone security groups across regions

  *   No appropriate service to security groups across multiple region if the
tenant has resources distributed, has to set the security groups in different
region manually.

And during the discussion thread with netready, one more issue identified
http://lists.opnfv.org/pipermail/opnfv-tech-discuss/2016-July/011499.html:

  *    VxLAN pool cross site management for VxLAN segmentation allocation

All these issues needs to be addressed, we can discuss them together.

Tricircle( now Tricircle team is working on the cleaning to make Tricircle
dedicated for networking automation across Neutron, mentioned below) could be
the reference, the design blueprint has just been updated for your reference:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zcxwl8xMEpxVCqLTce2-dUOtB-ObmzJTbV1uSQ6qTsY/,
 local network and shared VLAN network and L3 has been implemented in Newton
release. Of course, in NFV area, L2 networking should be enough in most
scenario.

And the spec for Tricircle Local Neutron Plugin is in review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368529/

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)