AFAIK there is no such thing as a "requirement project" any more, just projects
with various types of intent to produce one thing or another. Projects can have
multiple types of intent to add value in OPNFV, e.g. gap analysis, testing,
prototyping, platform feature development, upstream work motivating etc. All of
that can be documented, and those documents can be published at release time or
whenever a project wants.

But I think I know what you are asking anyway, which I would phrase as "for
work in projects that does not result in OPNFV functional artifacts (tests,
platform code), how do we know that this work is relevant to anyone outside
OPNFV?". (note we could ask the same thing for even projects that *do* produce
functional artifacts...)

IMO if we cared (not that I think we should, at least *too* strongly, if that
takes our focus away from just getting stuff done), we could ask projects to
post on their wiki home notes about the impact that they believe (and can
evidence if possible) their work is having outside OPNFV. Anything more than
that may begin to beg the question "who am I doing this for?" when projects
consider the effort, e.g. if required (or strongly suggested) that JIRA tickets
be created to track (and prove) upstream value.

For me, as PTL/lead in the Copper, Models, and VES projects I can sign up to
doing that (post notes on the wiki home). Will that be enough?

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T