This is not necessarily related to VPP but rather to OVS/DPDK.

In OPNFV we found the following problem when using UCS NIC.

The UCS fabric seems to set a VLAN tag on untagged packets.

Any thoughts from DPDK and VPP folks would be appreciated.

It is currently deploying DPDK 16.04 and OVS 2.5.90

I could not find a user accessible setting to do this that would work. The workaround for now we came up with is to set a flow in OVS to strip the tag.

Another solution is to set the nic to strip the vlan in rte eth code or write a DPDK "app" to set the nic.

*Thomas F Herbert*
SDN Group
Office of Technology
*Red Hat*