Ah...  sorry for not responding, Ahmed.  I got behind with emails.

I'm going from memory here, and my steps are going to be very manual.

I'm assuming this is single node ODL.  If it's clustered (3 nodes) let me know
and
there will be some extra stuff to configure.

1) make sure the existing odl is stopped.  you can just kill the karaf process
or
   stop it with the service command.

2) grab the ODL version you want.  if it's the latest released ODL, then get it
   here [0].

3) you can put it anywhere on your controller node and unzip it.

4) configure it to start with the features you want.  you can do that by
appending
   the features to the "featuresBoot" config in this file
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

5) I'm not sure if SFC requires any extra config on OVS, but if not then reset
your
   ovs nodes (all compute and control nodes).  here's how I do it:

     sudo ovs-vsctl del-manager
     sudo /usr/share/openvswitch/scripts/ovs-ctl stop
     sudo rm -rf /etc/openvswitch/conf.db
     sudo /usr/share/openvswitch/scripts/ovs-ctl start

6) start ODL.  easiest way is probably just to call bin/start, but you can also
call
   bin/karaf if you want to get the interactive karaf console.  wait for it to
come
   up (a few minutes).  you can grep the data/log/karaf.log for messages about
your
   features being installed if you are curious.

7) point your cleaned OVS nodes back to ODL.  probably this:

     sudo ovs-vsctl set-manager tcp:${ODL_IP}:6640

   at this point, if ODL is up and working, you should see is_connected:true in
the
   output of ovs-vsctl show.  You should also see br-int get created and have
it's
   controller configured for the same ODL IP.

hopefully I didn't miss any big steps, but I think it's right.

doing it with the RPM and service utilities is probably similar, but the above
is
how I'm used to doing it.

hope it helps.

btw, I'm on IRC in a few places if you want help that way.

#opendaylight-integration, #opendaylight-ovsdb, #opnfv-cperf

Thanks,
JamO

[0]
https://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.release/org/opendaylight/integration/distribution-karaf/0.5.1-Boron-SR1/distribution-karaf-0.5.1-Boron-SR1.zip