Hello,

 Tricircle plans to provide L2 network across Neutron to ease supporting
 application geo-redundancy:

 For example, in the following figure, the application is consisted of
 instance1 and instance2, these two instances will be deployed into two
 OpenStack. Intance1 will provide service through "ext net1"(i.e, external
 network in OpenStack1), and Instance2 will provide service through
 "ext net2". Instance1 and Instance2 will be plugged into same L2 network
 net3 for data replication( for example database replication ).

  +-----------------+       +-----------------+
  |OpenStack1       |       |OpenStack2       |
  |                 |       |                 |
  | ext net1        |       | ext net2        |
  |   +-----+-----+ |       |   +-----+-----+ |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |      +--+--+    |       |      +--+--+    |
  |      |     |    |       |      |     |    |
  |      | R1  |    |       |      | R2  |    |
  |      |     |    |       |      |     |    |
  |      +--+--+    |       |      +--+--+    |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |     +---+-+-+   |       |     +---+-+-+   |
  |     net1  |     |       |     net2  |     |
  |           |     |       |           |     |
  |  +--------+--+  |       |  +--------+--+  |
  |  | Instance1 |  |       |  | Instance2 |  |
  |  +-----------+  |       |  +-----------+  |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |         |       | net3  |         |       |
  |  +------+-------------------------+----+  |
  |                 |       |                 |
  +-----------------+       +-----------------+

 When we deploy the application in such a way, no matter which part of the
 application stops providing service, the other part can still provide
 service, and take the workload from the failure one. It'll bring the failure
 torelance no matter the failure is due to OpenStack crush or upgrade, or
 part of the application crush or upgrade.

 This mode can work very well and helpful, and router R1 R2 can run in DVR
 or legacy mode.

 Another way is to directly connect the VNF to provider network, while

another L2 network(net3) for geo-site application data replication need:

  +-----------------+       +-----------------+
  |OpenStack1       |       |OpenStack2       |
  |                 |       |                 |
  | provider net1   |       | provider net2   |
  |  +--+---------+ |       |  +--+---------+ |
  |     |           |       |     |           |
  |     |           |       |     |           |
  |  +--+--------+  |       |  +--+--------+  |
  |  | VNF       |  |       |  | VNF       |  |
  |  | Instance1 |  |       |  | Instance2 |  |
  |  +------+----+  |       |  +------+----+  |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |         |       |       |         |       |
  |         |       | net3  |         |       |

 Welcome to review the patch for different networking
 scenarios, and check to see if these scenarios can meet your
 application geo-redundancy requirements:

 Layer-3 networking and combined bridge network spec

 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/396564/

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)