Hello,

There are some remote environments at the plugfest, and actually even my own
internal lab at EMC, that restrict access to web sites based on filtering
rules.  Trying to open up all the possible sources that a docker pull can
access is nearly impossible as it seems to be very distributed.  As a
workaround, the docker save and load commands can be used as follows.

On a machine without HTTP restrictions:
$ docker pull opnfv/storperf:latest
$ docker save opnfv/storperf > storperf.docker
$ gzip storperf.docker

I could then scp the file to the target server, the one with HTTP restrictions
as load it:

$ gunzip storperf.docker.gz
$ docker load -i storperf.docker
102fca64f924: Loading layer
[==================================================>] 196.9 MB/196.9 MB
24fe29584c04: Loading layer

I can then run the container as normal.  Hope this is useful to others :)

Regards,
Mark

Mark Beierl
Advisory Solutions Architect
Dell EMC | Office of the CTO
mobile +1 613 314 8106<tel:1-613-314-8106>
mark.bei...@dell.com<mailto:mark.bei...@dell.com>