Team,

This week, I learned that the system migration in the OPNFV Intel lab has
had a larger impact than expected.  The migration has hindered many OPNFV
projects from making progress toward MS5, which is currently scheduled for
January 13.

Therefore, I am recommending to the TSC that we slip MS5 by two weeks to
January 27 and MS6 by three weeks to Feb 17.  I'm recommending that MS6 be
slipped by more than MS5 in order to avoid the Chinese New Year holiday in
early February.

At this time, I am *not* recommending that we slip the release date (March
27) for Danube.  This will reduce the time between scenario integration
(MS5) and stable branch (MS7) from 8 weeks to 6 weeks.  This will put some
pressure on the project teams and the scenario owners to stabilize
scenarios in less time than expected.  However, since we don't yet have a
lot of data on how much time this actually requires (which, itself, is a
moving target), then I think we should test whether we can maintain the
schedule for stable branch, and subsequent milestones.

The TSC will discuss and vote on this proposed schedule change at the next
TSC meeting on January 10.  In the mean time, please feel free to respond
to this mail with your thoughts on this change.  Thanks.

David

--
*David McBride*
Release Manager, OPNFV