From: morgan.richo...@orange.com [mailto:morgan.richo...@orange.com]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 12:38 AM
To: Yuyang (Gabriel); rexlee8...@gmail.com; Gaoliang (kubi); Jose Lausuch;
chenjiankun; kumar rishabh; feng.xiao...@zte.com.cn; Cooper, Trevor; Mark.Beierl
Cc: test...@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [OPNFV] Danube testing group priorities status

Hi Gabriel

sorry for the late answer
see comments in the mail

/Morgan

Le 17/02/2017 à 03:53, Yuyang (Gabriel) a écrit :
Hi Morgan,

Currently, two stress testcases are under review for integrating into community
CI pipeline.

  *   Gerrit: https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/28671/

     *   one testcase is the performance life-cyle for ping test while
increasing the user number in parallel
     *   the other is the baseline test for dataplane traffic while increate
the data size for a VM pair
One issue is that, we use kibana to show the results. However, in the currently
Bottlenecks CI process, the docker for kibana is set up in community CI POD.
That is, no public access to the kibana. Could you gives us some suggestions or
help on how to make the testing results and graphs publicly accessible?
regarding Kibana we decided to outsource the work to Bitergia (already in
charge of code and infra reporting)
but they will be able to start working in H2 so it will be short for Danube
my reco would be to push your results in the database in the details sections
of the testcase (so maybe create the testcase if it is not already the case)
you can copy/paster the preformated dataset you used for Kibana in local
so when ready, Bitergia could consume it directly through the test API and
display it in https://opnfv.biterg.io

as the dataset is already kibana compatible, it could be one of the first
implementation for bitergia
we initiated a wiki page to discuss with bitergia and give some examples, see
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/testing/Result+alignment+for+ELK+post-processing

it is a bit strange to have an intermediate Kibana => test results => kibana
but then everything is centralized (projects, cases, results)
and we plan to use also the DB to build a test case catalog...so a central
point is needed

so that would be my option 1
option 2 would be the use of a Kibana on testresults.opnfv.org as we use to
have but we got license issues for addons (also a reason we prefered to
ousource this part of the work)

Thanks,
Gabriel