The goal of NGVS is to look at scheduler enhancements or a new scheduler to
support containers, VMs and unikernels with static and serverless
scheduling (I'm skipping a bunch of details). It's possible that we might
come to the conclusion that Nova with enhancements is the right answer, or
that a COE (container orchestration engine) is a better option. Given that
our primary goal is around what I mentioned, and not so much around
enhancing the functionality of existing VM centric scheduling, joining OR
seems like a better fit...

Thanks,
Amar

--