Hi Tim,

On 06/13/2017 05:28 PM, Tim Irnich wrote:
> In addition the Dovetail team walked through the list of OPNFV feature
> projects and concluded that currently no other projects than the already
> included ones are advanced enough for compliance verification, due to
> varying reasons (e.g. depending on midstream patches, etc.).
>
> To provide visibility into what would be coming next, an initial list of
> work items for Euphrates was created:
>
>   * Stress testing
>   * Include Doctor (optional/mandatory is tbd)
>   * Include Models (the OPNFV project) test cases (launch a sample
>     multi-VM VNF)
>       o We need to check these against the test case requirements
>   * Incorporate more OPNFV feature projects (e.g. SFC etc.)

Again, my apologies for my conflict on Tuesday during the Dovetail team
meeting. Thank you for the notes and conclusions, Tim.

I have some issues with some of these proposed test areas, for a few
reasons. The first is that there are several areas where it is unclear
if there is critical mass adoption from Doctor, Models, to merit
inclusion in Dovetail. The second is the continued focus on project
tests and feature projects, rather than basic NFVI and VIM features for
which we do not yet have tests.

I would like to see us document some of the NFV related requirements
which are common across all RFCs from telcos, and which are available in
all viable VIM products. I see value in then identifying those areas
where we do not have tests, and implementing functional tests for these
requirements.

The focus on new features and feature projects misses all of the NFV
related features between RefStack (low bar, API tests) and current
development (too new to include in Dovetail). It seems like there is a
middle ground.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338