Hi Trevor

I'm not sure if your email is a follow-up of a previous message or not. I
couldn't find another email so I'm assuming this is a new thread. Let me know
if I'm mistaken.

First of all, we did receive detailed feedbacks from EUAG as far back as Feb
and most recently during the Summit in June. So additional feedbacks are
welcome but we are not waiting/gating on anything from EUAG at this time. As
part of action items during the Summit when CVP was discussed with the EUAG, we
agreed to set up a wiki in EUAG for tracking additional feedbacks. It's under
the EUAG wiki page and just follow the link for cvp feedbacks.

I personally use the term "use case approach" in the context of CVP to mean
that for a given SUT, we identify common use patterns, and develop automated
test cases to exercise such patterns. I agree with Bryan's comment in
yesterday's c&c call that applications like VOLTE and vCPE are too complex for
our purposes - it won't be easy to separate issues of the application's
implementation from the issues of SUT (the latter is what we wish to identify).
A better approach is abstract the common design patterns out of a complex
application, and develop test cases around those common patterns that have more
general applicability to all similar applications.

For example, vPING is a common pattern of "2 virtual machines with virtual
network connectivity between them". This can be seen as the simplest use
pattern. Another use pattern may be multiple virtual machines load balancing to
provide a common service. vCPE, if narrowly defined, can be a pattern of secure
gateway between two network domains. I personally think this space between
simplicity of a vPING to a well understood gateway function may be the most
productive area we can focus on.

Many of OPNFV projects can contribute these use pattern test cases, by
abstracting and by clarifying what the test intention is, in some cases. This
is a great area of 'low hanging fruit' during the E release cycle.

Regards
Wenjing