Jose,

You should start the discussion at the next infra wg meeting (I’ll be on PTO
whole of next week). I think if the issue can be raised and acknowledged it
will already be a good step.
I will just note that:
- this has to be a joint work by both infra and project teams
- perhaps we could use some help from OPNFV members who do packaging/versioning
for a living ;-) (e.g. Linux distro vendors

To clarify, I’m willing to help on the container/VM image/docs
workflow/versioning since my project produces those. Not so much on the other
artifacts such as RPM (which might be more complex).
I’m not familiar enough with OPNFV to know who works on what, I was hoping to
get more active feedback from at least the main/most active OPNFV container
owners. The current versioning is clearly insufficient and I’d like to get the
input from projects that have been publishing containers for a while.

Can anybody describe quickly how specs are usually being discussed/redacted by
working groups? Email is usually not the best (written) format. OpenStack uses
etherpads or text files that are reviewed through gerrit.

Thanks

  Alec