From: Lincoln Lavoie [lylav...@iol.unh.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 0:42
To: liangqi (D)
Cc: Luke Hinds; opnfv-tech-discuss
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] Lab as a Service - Installer Support

Hi QiLiang,

Some answer inline below, at least for how we've set stuff up so far.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM, liangqi (D)
<liang...@huawei.com<mailto:liang...@huawei.com>> wrote:

I can give some support from compass side. Also I'm recently working on opnfv
installers' quickstart wrapper scripts(
https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/36711/ ). Hope the scipts could ease
developers/users better use the labaas resources.

Here are three questions, after checked the wiki page:

- How do the Laas resources allocated? Allocated as vpods pool and BM(1+3+2)
pods pool?

We have systems setup to allow two virtual pods per hardware node to run in the
lab.  This is based on RAM/Disk/etc.  Access to a pod resource would be
scheduled through the Pharos dashboard system.

- How do the vpods' and BM jumpserver's operating systems installed, manually
pre installed by lab admin or auto installed trigger by jenkins when the pod is
allocated?

We've built up some scripts and support to allow the virtual pod to be "spun
up" by the request through the dashboard.  This isn't actually hooked up to
Jenkins, if I understand it correctly, it's its own thing.  We are trying to
keep the system admin out of the request path.  This does depend on the
installer supporting a virtual deployment and a "hands off" deployment approach.

This will likely start with basic requests, i.e. one 1 or 2 scenarios supported
and go out from there.  We're also planning a developer version, where the
actual OPNFV deployment doesn't occur, so the developer can login and pull
their own artifacts onto the system to deploy from, etc.  Because the systems
are self contained and "throw away."  We'll be able to give root access onto
the environment for each Pod User.  At the end of the Pod's lifetime, it just
gets deleted.

- Do laas pods share the same jenkins master with other opnfv pods or the laas
will host a jenkins master to manage all the laas resources?

No, see above.

Regards,
QiLiang

From: