Hi Ciprian,

Thank you for checking out Doctor project and reaching out us.

In Danube, we officially support OpenStack Congress, but haven’t supported
Vitrage yet. See, our release notes [1]. I’m not a fuel expert, but doctor
driver in Congress may not be enabled in default, as it is not in the default
driver list to be loaded in upstream codebase. but it is available with proper
Congress configuration. Otherwise, the driver code was omitted from the
original Congress code in fuel plugin. Such situation couldn’t happen normally.
Regarding Vitrage, I know they have doctor driver and you can check out [2].

We found there is polling mechanism in Zabbix, that is potentially make a delay
in passing fault notification to Consumers. Due to that observation, we are not
pushing Zabbix as typical Doctor Component so far, although it sometimes makes
sense when you see benefits in other aspects, e.g. you want to integrate
software you or operators are familiar with.

You can also get our sample implementation of Doctor Components in Doctor repo
[2]. Those may provide more detail of how to integrate.

Regarding the demo you pointed, we used Nova, Congress, Ceilometer and Aodh
along with sample Monitor and Consumer which are similar to what we have in
Doctor repo. We changed Monitor to monitor redundant NIC ports and had a quick
hack in Consumer to handle commercial EPC though. Vitrage was also used to
receive the fault notification from Monitor and to show the holistic view of
system status, along with fault propagation.

[1]
http://docs.opnfv.org/en/stable-danube/submodules/doctor/docs/release/release-notes/releasenotes.html
[2]
https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=doctor.git;a=blob;f=docs/release/configguide/feature.configuration.rst#l81