Looping in Leif.

On 08/03/2017 06:50 AM, Gray, Mark D wrote:

Hi Feng,

Tom Herbert from Red Hat (cc’ed) was managing the rpm builds within the OPNFV infrastructure. As it happens, I was talking to him at the start of this week and he informed me that they were planning to move the builds to the CentOS NFV sig. I am not sure of the progress of this migration but I have included him in cc and he may be able to shed some light on this.

Mark

*From:*Feng Pan [mailto:f...@redhat.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:01 PM
*To:* Chou, David J <david.j.c...@intel.com>
*Cc:* Tim Rozet (tro...@redhat.com) <tro...@redhat.com>; Armstrong, Robert H <robert.h.armstr...@intel.com>; Pancar, Jatinder S <jatinder.s.pan...@intel.com>; Gray, Mark D <mark.d.g...@intel.com>; Park, Seungweon <seungweon.p...@intel.com>; Barrett, Vinny <vinny.barr...@intel.com>; O Mahony, Billy <billy.o.mah...@intel.com>; Tahhan, Maryam <maryam.tah...@intel.com>; Li, Sibai <sibai...@intel.com>; Agarwal, Pankur <pankur.agar...@intel.com>; Cooper, Trevor <trevor.coo...@intel.com>; Hyatt, Gilbert <gilbert.hy...@intel.com> *Subject:* Re: May you put OVS 2.7.2 and DPDK 16.11.2 for ovs-dpdk related scenarios in Apex installer for Euphrates release

Hi David,

Sure, could you upload rpm packaged ovs and dpdk to opnfv artifacts page so we can consume them?

Thanks

Feng

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Chou, David J <david.j.c...@intel.com <mailto:david.j.c...@intel.com>> wrote:

    Hi Tim and Feng,

    As we chatted through IRC channel last week, you are flexible to
    use the specific version of OVS and DPDK for ovs_dpdk related
    scenarios. After querying  the related parties inside Intel,  may
    you put OVS 2.7.2  and DPDK 16.11.2 for ovs-dpdk related scenarios
    in Apex installer for Euphrates release.

The OVS and dpdk builds in ovs-opnfv are broken right now.
It hasn't received much attention because the plan has been to build OVS/DPDK in the Centos NFV SIG. However, I am not sure whether we can get that pushed into the Centos repos in time for Euphrates.

Also, in the meantime, OVS for OPNFV had decided not to participate in Euphrates although it is still in the plan?
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/OVSNFV+Release+Plan+for+OPNFV+Euphrates
Should we revisit the non-participate decision and commence building the RPMs again in OVS for OPNFV at least for the Euphrates release to insure that Apex has the above RPMs to consume?

--Tom

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    David