Hi Ghanshyam and Ildiko,

Firstly, sorry for the late response. I have just finished reading from the
links you provided.

It is very excited for me knowing that tempest could consider stress testing as
part of OpenStack QA.

In OPNFV, we start to plan stress testing from last release. It would be more
excited for me if we could cooperate on this kind of testing.

I have added a summary of our resiliency/stress/robustness/long duration
testing activities in https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/qa-queens-ptg (as agreed
in OPNFV testing group) and hoped it could form some foundation for our further
discussion.

I also put the summary below, please feel free to contact me if there is any
doubt/comment/question.

In OPNFV Danube (OS Newton) release, OPNFV testing working group (Testperf)
decides to extend the OPNFV testing scope by introducing basic stress test
cases. There are 5 test cases discussed. Different from the destructive test
(HA) that OpenStack QA team have considered, these test cases are basically
designed from load stress perspective instead of redundancy perspective. In
Danube, Bottlenecks project (OPNFV system limit testing project) and Yardstick
project (OPNFV performance test project for NFVI and VNF) jointly implemented 2
of them (concurrently create/destroy VM pairs and do ping, system throughput
limit) while Bottlenecks acts as the load manager calling yardstick to execute
each test iteration. These tests are designed to test for breaking points and
provide level of confidence of the system to users. More details could be found
at

a)
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/bottlenecks/Stress+Testing+over+OPNFV+Platform

b)
https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2926539/Testing%20over%20Long%20Duration%20POD.pptx?version=2&modificationDate=1502943821000&api=v2

Stress test cases for OPNFV Euphrates (OS Ocata) release can be seen as
extension/enhancement of those in D release. These test cases are under
degugging in Bottlenecks/Yardstick repo (Bottlenecks as load manager while
Yardstick execute each test iteration):

a)       VNF scale out/up tests (also plan to measure storage usage
simultaneously): https://wiki.opnfv.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=12390101

b)       Life-cycle event with throughputs (measure NFVI to support concurrent
network usage from different VM pairs):
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/DEV/Intern+Project%3A+Baseline+Stress+Test+Case+for+Bottlenecks+E+Release

In OPNFV E release, we also plan to do long duration test over OS Ocata. A
separate CI pipe testing OPNFV XCI (OSA) is proposed to accomplish the job. We
have applied specific pod for the testing. Detailed proposal could be found at:

a)       https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/testing/Euphrates+Testing+needs

b)
https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2926539/testing%20evolution%20v1_4.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1503937629000&api=v2

c)
https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2926539/Testing%20over%20Long%20Duration%20POD.pptx?version=2&modificationDate=1502943821000&api=v2

The long duration test is supposed to be started when OPNFV E release is
published.

Bottlenecks plans to add a monitoring module for these tests:
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/DEV/Intern+Project%3A+Monitoring+Stress+Testing+for+Bottlenecks+E+Release

ps. @Testperf please add if there is anything missing

Waiting for your reply,

Gabriel