From: David McBride <dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:04 PM
To: "Alec Hothan (ahothan)" <ahot...@cisco.com>
Cc: TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>,
opnfv-project-leads <opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org>, Aric Gardner
<agard...@linuxfoundation.org>, Raymond Paik <rp...@linuxfoundation.org>,
Trevor Bramwell <tbramw...@linuxfoundation.org>, Tapio Tallgren
<tapio.tallg...@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: [opnfv-project-leads] [release][euphrates] stable branch window

Hi Alec,

I really appreciate your interest in and knowledge of configuration management
and versioning.  This is an important topic that doesn't get enough attention,
IMHO.  I don't mind your questions at all.

Yes, you are correct about the branch name.  The change in versioning has not
affected the branch naming.  As you said, the the branch will be
"stable/euphrates".  My apologies for not being clear about that.

As far as your proposal is concerned, here are a couple of suggestions:
·         Please make sure that you coordinate with Fatih, since he is working
on a new proposal for versioning that will take into consideration XCI.  I
don't think it would be productive for both of you to be working on separate
versioning proposals in isolation.
·         Also, if you haven't already, make sure that you involve your Cisco
TSC representative, Frank Brockners.  Frank is very familiar with TSC policies
and procedures and can advise you on preparing an effective presentation and
getting it on the agenda.
David

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Alec Hothan (ahothan)