Hi,

Thanks Alexandru, you clearly resume the discussion.

I wrote that IDF for baremetal xci with the need to bring more flexibility to PDF (and then SDF) that are quite rigid by design (but must stay as it, as they are reference for every one). It seems that we are several to have the same need, so if we came to a consensus on that extra file, i would propose several rules:

1. this file is an optional extension of the PDF, linked to a pod, and
   contains only informations required by installers for a specific pod
2. No overlap with PDF and SDF
3. this file is managed by installers, to avoid pod relative
   configurations in the installer itself.
4. Use a generic section if several installers agree on the same data
   (that may be moved to PDF or SDF if a consensus is reached)
5. the smaller, the better

In my opinion, this file would bring not only flexibility for installers, but could also be used as an incubator for new needs to be pushed in PDF and SDF.

I will split the associated patch [3] to only talk about the IDF. Please feel free to review it.

BR,

David

[3] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/42233/

--
David BLAISONNEAU
NFV platforms DevOPS - OPNFV contributor

tel: +33 (0)2 96 07 27 93
email: david.blaisonn...@orange.com
2, avenue Pierre Marzin 22307 LANNION Cedex - France