From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Cooper, Trevor
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:37 PM
To: Alec Hothan (ahothan) <ahot...@cisco.com>;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [VSPERF][NFVBENCH] streamlining the jump host
to data plane wiring

Hi Alec

I think that is a good goal. Since VSPERF is stand-alone (not dependent on
OpenStack) there is no need for a Jump Server in the Pharos sense. In our CI
and sandbox environments both hardware and software traffic generators are
directly connected to the DUT. Especially for post-deployment tools like
NFVBench I think your idea makes sense as it will help with usability which is
key. I also think this is something we can take to Dovetail where we will
definitely need a well-defined wiring model for any kind of performance tests.
Do you have a proposal in mind?

Thanks

/Trevor