From: Fatih Degirmenci [mailto:fatih.degirme...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2017 9:02 AM
To: Aric Gardner <agard...@linuxfoundation.org>; Tim Rozet <tro...@redhat.com>;
Morgan Richomme <morgan.richo...@orange.com>; Jose Lausuch
<jalaus...@suse.com>; Mibu Ryota(壬生 亮太) <r-m...@cq.jp.nec.com>; Meimei
<mei...@huawei.com>; Trevor Bramwell <tbramw...@linuxfoundation.org>; Serena
Feng <feng.xiao...@zte.com.cn>; Yolanda Robla Mota <yrobl...@redhat.com>;
Markos Chandras <mchand...@suse.de>; Luke Hinds <lhi...@redhat.com>
Cc: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: [releng] Committer list per Releng repository

Hi Releng Committers,

During OPNFV Plugfest, we had conversations around having committer list per
Releng repository/Gerrit Project.

The reason behind this is that, Releng project currently has 5 different
repositories as listed below. [1]

-          releng
-          releng-anteater
-          releng-testresults
-          releng-utils
-          releng-xci

The work that is done in these repositories require different competence
profiles. For example for releng repository, the committers need to have
knowledge in CI, Jenkins, Jenkins Job Builder and so on.
Apart from the required competence, some developers might not be interested in
certain parts of Releng but interested in others.

Having single committer list across all Releng owned repositories prevents us
from recognizing contributors and promoting them as committers for the
corresponding repositories since they will perhaps never have enough
contributions across all of them.
Another limitation is that, the current review practices followed by Releng is
not good and we need to improve this. Having right set of committers per repo
and getting patches reviewed by them properly will help with the quality of
work we are doing.

In order to address this limitation and have the ability and the possibility to
recognize and promote developers who made great contributions to Releng in
general in the repositories they worked in, I propose to create committer list
per repo.

Please respond to this mail with +1 and -1 and share questions, comments,
concerns if you have any.

I plan to bring this topic to TSC on December 12th if the vote passes.

[1] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/?filter=releng

/Fatih