All,

To follow-up on the TSC call yesterday, I'd like to provide an update on
what was presented to the LFN Board regarding the OPNFV C&C Committee.  The
following two bullet points are from the Board deck during the discussion
on committees:

   - Existing programs such as the Powered By OpenDaylight or OPNFV
   Verified Program will operate according to their established governance
   - RESOLVED:    That the "OPNFV Verified Program," as set forth in the
   materials distributed to the members of the Governing Board in advance of
   this meeting, is approved and that "The LFN OPNFV Certification and
   Compliance Committee" (the "OPNFV Committee") is hereby established with
   the purpose of implementing the OPNFV Verified Program until the earlier of
   (a) the creation of a certification and compliance committee of the
   Governing Board or (b) as otherwise determined by the Governing Board.  The
   members of the OPNFV Committee shall be those individuals on the OPNFV
   Certification and Compliance Committee as of December 31, 2017.

The resolution was approved and as discussed yesterday, this allows the
OPNFV C&C Committee to continue managing the OPNFV Verified Program that
will launch shortly.  At the same time the C&C Committee (and the
community) will need to have a separate discussion on the future of
compliance program (e.g. structure, governance, etc.) under the LFN.

I believe Chris briefly mentioned this on the call, and I wanted to provide
a text from the LFN Charter.  Under section 3 (f) (vii), the Governing
Board is responsible for "establishing any conformance programs and
soliciting input (including testing tools) from the technical oversight
bodies and, when appropriate, the MAC, for defining and administering any
programs related to conformance with any Technical Project, (a “Compliance
Program”)"  This is the reason why there was a need to have a discussion
with the Governing Board on the topic.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Ray