On 03/22/2018 08:49 PM, Muhammad Khizar wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> While deploying Openstack "os-nosdn-nofeature " scenario, via XCI
> deployer, “mini” flavor, I got the following error.
>

> TASK [bootstrap-host : Ensure networking packages are present]
> *********************************************************************************************************************************
>
> fatal: [opnfv]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": "apt-get install
> python-apt -y -q", "msg": "E: Package 'python-apt' has no installation
> candidate", "rc": 100, "stderr": "E: Package 'python-apt' has no
> installation candidate\n", "stderr_lines": ["E: Package 'python-apt' has
> no installation candidate"], "stdout": "Reading package
> lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nReading state
> information...\nPackage python-apt is not available, but is referred to
> by another package.\nThis may mean that the package is missing, has been
> obsoleted, or\nis only available from another source\nHowever the
> following packages replace it:\n  python3-apt python-apt-common\n\n",
> "stdout_lines": ["Reading package lists...", "Building dependency
> tree...", "Reading state information...", "Package python-apt is not
> available, but is referred to by another package.", "This may mean that
> the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or", "is only available from
> another source", "However the following packages replace it:", "
> python3-apt python-apt-common", ""]}
>
>         to retry, use: --limit
> @/home/ubuntu/releng-xci/xci/installer/osa/playbooks/configure-opnfvhost.retry

Hello,

python-apt is available on Ubuntu xenial [1] so I don't think this is a
problem with XCI. Are you trying this on 16.04 and are your repos
configured properly?

[1] https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/python-apt

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg