Hi Thanh, all,
Thanks a lot for reaching out to everyone!

From my perspective I think it would be enough for us to start with a meeting
every third week or maybe even monthly.
Our back log will probably increase once we get started and that might require
more frequent meetings.
But since we have other ways to communicate and follow up I think it's good to
start with monthly.

Happy to hear others options!

Regards,
Sofia

From: Thanh Ha <thanh...@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: Friday, 6 April 2018 at 00:05
To: Casey Cain <cc...@linuxfoundation.org>, Gregory Glover <gg2...@att.com>,
DEBEAU Eric IMT/OLN <eric.deb...@orange.com>, Sofia Wallin
<sofia.wal...@ericsson.com>, Anil Belur <abe...@linuxfoundation.org>, Jessica
Wagantall <jwagant...@linuxfoundation.org>, Trevor Bramwell
<tbramw...@linuxfoundation.org>, "WELCH, LORRAINE A" <lb2...@att.com>,
"UKASICK, AIMEE L (AIMEE L)" <aim...@research.att.com>, Kit Lou
<klou.exter...@gmail.com>, Daniel Farrell <dfarr...@redhat.com>, Luis Gomez
Palacios <ece...@gmail.com>, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhr...@redhat.com>,
"charlesla...@gmail.com" <charlesla...@gmail.com>
Cc: ODL Docs <documentat...@lists.opendaylight.org>, OPNFV
<opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: [docs] Cross Community Documentation effort

Hi Everyone,

I believe I've included everyone who has indicated they were interested in
cross community docs efforts. If you are not interested feel free to mute this
thread.

I've tried to include community mailing lists where existing to reach hopefully
the right audience for this email. If anyone knows of folks who should be
included please feel free to add them to this thread.

At ONS we few of us from the ODL, OPNFV, and ONAP communities got together to
discuss some cross community documentation efforts we've been pushing. We
discussed lfdocs [0][1] and lfdocs-conf [2][3] projects who's purpose is to
enable projects to easily share common configuration as well as create common
documentation that projects can link to using intersphinx linking rather than
rewriting their own.

One of the things that came out of the meeting was that it would be good to
create a cross-project-docs community so that we can ask questions and share
ideas since all of us are using very similar tooling to build our docs.

For a start I've created an IRC channel #lf-docs @
irc.freenode.net<http://irc.freenode.net> which I hope folks will join and
discuss docs related things in. It could be a valuable resource rather than all
of us hanging in our own small docs communities I'm sure we are all
understaffed as it is.

We should setup a mailing list somewhere, I'll work with LF to figure out where
the best place for such a list is such that it is not specific to any project.

Also there was discussion about setting up some kind of regular meeting maybe
once a month where we can all get together and sync up to share any ideas we
have. I think there are 2 things we need to figure out together:

1. How often is the right amount as to not overload everyone with meetings but
give us time to get together?
2. What is the best time for the meeting?

For 2 I've created a doodle poll please ignore the dates as we are only
interested in finding out during any given week which times are generally good
for folks. Please respond with the times that are okay with you and we'll try
to pick a time that is good for the most people.

https://doodle.com/poll/dykpgubs3fvd2agw

Regards,
Thanh

[0] http://docs.releng.linuxfoundation.org/en/latest/