Hi Alec,

If your project has a '{project}-docker-build-push-{stream}' job defined[1] any
tags added to the project repo will trigger a docker build (regardless of tag
format). So you don't need to add the 'gerrit-trigger-tag-created'[2] to your
project (unless you want to do something different for tagged/merge jobs?)

I believe currently builds on the master branch are tagged (in dockerhub)
'latest', while builds on the stable branch are tagged 'stable'.

> Is that sufficient to trigger a container build based on the tag that is just
> pushed and create a container with docker tag set to the same value and push
> it to docker hub?

These docker builds will be tagged with the tag name used in git. For
example, if you created a 1.0.0 tag on the nvfbench repo, then a docker build
'opnfv/nfvbench:1.0.0' should be pushed to docker-hub.

> Does that apply to all branches?
I actually don't know, and that's an interesting question. From my
understanding of git-internals, tags exist independent of branches as the hash
of a git-tree, though that does mean they are intrinsicly linked to a branch.

The clone happens against GERRIT_REFSPEC, which resolves to refs/heads/... for
a branch and refs/tags/... for tags. You'll have to find out and let us know
if a trigger-by-tag build creates jobs for both '-master' and '-fraser'.

> Does that apply to any tag (regardless of format/syntax)?
Yep. The trigger doesn't look for any specific format beyond there being a tag
created.

For dockerhub, please create a helpdesk ticket (helpd...@opnfv.org) and let me
know your dockerhub username and I'd be happy to get you access.

Regards,
Trevor Bramwell

[1] https://git.opnfv.org/releng/tree/jjb/releng/opnfv-docker.yml#n277
[2] https://git.opnfv.org/releng/tree/jjb/global/releng-macros.yml#n176