Od: Paul Vaduva <paul.vad...@enea.com>
Odesláno: úterý 12. června 2018 11:49
Komu: Klozik Martin
Kopie: Tina Tsou; gerard.d...@wipro.com; Cristina Pauna; Joe Kidder;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Předmět: RE: [Auto] Jenkins for Auto

Hi Martin,

See my comments inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Klozik Martin <martin.klo...@tieto.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:46 AM
To: Paul Vaduva <paul.vad...@enea.com>
Cc: Tina Tsou <tina.t...@arm.com>; gerard.d...@wipro.com; Cristina Pauna
<cristina.pa...@enea.com>; Joe Kidder <joe.kid...@gmail.com>;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [Auto] Jenkins for Auto

Hi Paul,

thanks for taking care about initial yaml file definition at
jjb/auto/auto.yaml. I've also noticed your +1 to my "ci/build-auto.sh" patch.
It was acked by other team members too, so we will go ahead with my proposal.

Let me try to summarize my understanding of your CI job configuration. Please
let me know your comments (that applies to all).

Your idea is to utilize Armband project for OPNFV installation via FUEL at ARM
POD. I'm not familiar with the details, but it seems, that current
configuration (with PROJECT=armband) works only for armband repository. Do you
know if it can be modified/configured to properly install OPNFV at our pod
while still utilizing existing build framework?

[Paul Vaduva]

Yes, thats true I made a job for deploying fuel armband version, it there will
be other installers we would probably need other ci jobs that will install
(compass, apex, etc..), Yes I already proposed a patch to extend armband deploy
job template to accept project parameter.

https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/58415/

If not, we would probably need to do it "manually", e.g. to introduce
"install_opnfv" function into ci/build-auto.sh, which will:

1) clone armband repo as part of our CI job

2) modify WORKSPACE to point to armband repo

3) execute ci/deploy.sh from armband (and other steps if required) to take care
about OPNFV installation

4) restore WORKSPACE to its orignal value before ONAP deployment

[Paul Vaduva]

I thought about this as well (deploying Openstack as part of auto ci job but it
seem to be much more effort in maintaining the deploy procedure then the
previous variant (just using armband template for deploying their project). It
seems to make more sense to keep the Openstack deploying separated from ONAP
deployment.

Of course we would have to update this logic in the future to support both arm
and x64 pods.

Best Regards,

Martin