Hello VSPERF-enthusiasts,

First let me explain the context:
We currently have ubuntu 14.04 based vloop VNF, whose performance in PVP/PVVP
scenarios is 'not good'. I wanted to overcome this issue by creating a new
vloop VNF. Thanks to inputs from Martin and some documentation in Jira by
Maryam, Gene, et.al., from Intel, I created a VM based on ubuntu 18.04
(https://artifacts.opnfv.org/vswitchperf/vnf/vloop-vnf-ubuntu-18.04_20180920.qcow2)
 . I have documented the steps I followed to create the image here:
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/vsperf/VSPERF+VNFs . Unfortunately, the
performance went from 'not good' to 'really bad'. If you see in the above link,
there is hardly anything done to the base image - minimal installation and
configuration. Installation of dpdk, testpmd and forwarding configurations are
done by VSPERF, which is same for any image.

Now, coming to the point:
I was wondering if we can put in one place what all 'Optimizations' we can do
to improve the performance? I'm requesting, specifically Martin, the Intel-Team
and the Redhat team - who have done this activity before and got better
performance - to share some inputs. You can either respond over mail or Update
the wiki page. I'll do the same and test it.
Any inputs/suggestions regarding what configurations we should do to address
this issue would be extremely helpful.

Regards
Sridhar