Hello Manuel.
I fully second you about asking Linux team about their processes.The
Linux Kernel leverages on maintainers which is far from what we are
proposing.And you become arch/release maintainers thanks to your skills
(Meritocraty). https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/2.Process
.html?highlight=merge%20window#how-patches-get-into-the-kernel
It's the opposite process of what we are defining here.And as far as I
know, Linux doesn't have any problem to attrack developpers, and the
best ones!
Cédric