De : Alec Hothan (ahothan) [mailto:ahot...@cisco.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 23 mai 2019 22:30
À : MENGUY Francois Regis TGI/OLN
Cc : opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Objet : Re: #nfvbench L3 traffic use case

Hi Francois,

Just a general follow up on the feature patchset review, I think it would be
great to extend support for an L3 router on the packet path, that would work
independently of how the devices in the packet path are brought up (either by
nfvbench using PVP/PVVP or externally with EXT chains). This basically splits
the code into several parts:

  *   the part that handles traffic on the packet path (including ARP, IP
addresses…) which works with any mode (EXT, PVP, PVVP)
  *   the part that creates/reuses devices (openstack case only: PVP. PVVP):
neutron routers, extra networks…

We can limit this first version of the feature to single-chain/VLAN and see
later whether there is interest in extending to multi-chaining and to VxLAN.

Perhaps add some description on why this feature can be useful or what kind of
problems/requirements it will address.

Thanks
  Alec