Hi Trevor,

you still could try out with the 4.3 line.
It might already contain what you need.
Regarding Jira and PR, yes, please a Jira with a PR that contains the jira
number. This way we always can
make sure which commit belongs to which version.

One thing though, as 6 is the actually last released version, what made it
hard for you to upgrade?
Cause even though it's a major version, we look carefully not to break to
much stuff.

regards, Achim

> I suggest that you submit the PR. That is the easy part. Question is if
> there is someone willing to do the release. If you are, then great... if
> not, you would need to convince (charm, beer, bribe, threat...) someone to
> do it.
>
> Cheers
> Niclas
>
> On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Trevor Brown <
> tbr...@securityfirstcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My company is using Pax Web 4.2.7 right now. Unfortunately the version of
>> Jetty in that release (and actually all Pax Web releases, it seems) is
>> vulnerable to a timing channel attack (see https://github.com/eclips
>> e/jetty.project/issues/1556 for details).
>>
>> I started looking at options, and right now it looks like the only
>> upgrade path I have that won't require a lot of effort on my part (I
>> experimented and failed using any of the 6.x releases) is to upgrade within
>> the 4.x releases of Pax Web. I just rebuilt 4.4.1 locally with Jetty 9.2.22
>> and all the unit tests passed.
>>
>> So I'm wondering whether I should open a JIRA and submit a pull request
>> for the upgrade in the 4.4.x stream, or whether I should just consider this
>> a one-off fork for now and maybe work to pick up the Jetty 9.4.x work in
>> the 6.0.x stream?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> --