Am 12.11.2017 um 18:51 schrieb Harald Wellmann:
Now how can we consolidate all that ongoing work?

Hi Harald what do you think about the following procedure:

- we create 1 branches of the current master (exam5-ongoing) to capture current work for reference - create an exam5-integration branch that has the state of the time where I have merged the exam5-milestone to the 4.x line
- you can then merge that branch to the exam5-milestone branch
- if that is done, we merge the milestone5 to the integration branch
- now we can remove the exam-milestone to prevent confusion
- I'll then branch from the integration branch different feature branches that integrate different features currently in the master/ongoing branch
- We can then merge those into the integration branch
- after That, Toni can do the same for his work
- finally we can merge the interation branch to the master

For the future I would suggest a similar process:

- master --> upcomming release, we do NOT commit things there except release related things (e.g. increase version, add release-notes...) - integration-<EXAM VERSION> --> we merge features here, and then merge the result to the master branch right before a release - feature/PAXEXAM-<JIRA NUMBER> --> relates to a Epic/Story in the JIRA and includes the work for this, must be brnached from and merged regualry with the integration branch - bugfix/PAXEXAM-<JIRA NUMBER> --> relates to a bug in Jira, this should always be branched from the master and is merged then to the master and the integration branch maybe to other release branches as well
- vX.Y.Z --> Released Versions

That way we can always release bugfixes for the current master/snapshot, work on new features and integrate them early

What do you think?