Hi Stephan,

I'm not sure I follow on the profiles, but all containers should be tested
if no profiles are selected. The profiles are were intended to make life
easier when only working on one container.
Regarding Travis CI I played around with it on the weekend, and looks like
I forgot to cherry pick the changes from master to the other branches, it's
now a mnv install, that should make sure not to test the "old" stuff

I just added Travis as a playground to maybe also have a better automatic
PR building.
Jenkins isn't supposed to be replaced (yet) by it.
So any help on tests will also make Jenkins be more "blue" which gives us
regular SNAPSHOT updates to nexus.

regards, Achim

> Hi,
>
> I have a few (not really related) questions concerning pax-web:
>
> 1. There are separate profiles for building tomcat, jetty, and undertow
> support. At least when I do the builds locally none of these profiles is
> activated by default. The workaround for my local build is to use the
> -Prelease parameter. The same issue applies with the CircleCI build created
> for pull requsts. It does not build any container support (and fetches it
> from nexus, which means that it executes new tests with old
> implementations). I have not found a way to enable the release profile for
> the CircleCI builds, but this may be because of my lack of understanding
> about the CircleCI infrastructure.
>
> My question: Why are these profiles there at all? Wouldn't it be easier to
> remove all these profiles and build all containers by default?
>
> 2. There is one jetty test consistently failing. The test is rather jetty
> specific and I am not deep enough in the jetty implementation to fix it (or
> event to esimate how important that is), so I created a JIRA bug for it
> (PAXWEB-1136). The test error makes all CircleCI jobs fail (for pull
> requests) and prevents any SNAPSHOT propagation to nexus.
>
> What would be the best way to proceed? Disable the test (with a reference
> to the JIRA bug) to allow proper validation of unrelated pull requests or
> keep it in error as a reminder that it should be fixed?
>
> Best regards
> Stephan
>
> --
> --