Hi  Grzegorz ,

First off, thank you so much for the Pax Web 8 effort. It really helps to
have a proper implementation of the OSGi R6/7 http and whiteboard service
specs.

Quick question - are the <session-config> and <cookie-config> elements in
web deployment descriptors supported now? I found a note they weren't in
Pax Web 4, but a lot must have changed since. These elements seem to be
ignored in our app.

Related, I cannot seem to get the session cookie to be configured with the
Secure flag via the org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg file in Karaf 4.4.4.

Setting org.ops4j.pax.web.session.cookie.secure = true has no effect if the
connector used is http (non-secure).

In my mind, if org.ops4j.pax.web.session.cookie.secure is set, the flag
should be set in the cookie header, no matter the connector/transport. We
offload TLS at the load balancer, and this use case is rather common.

I had to use the  jetty-web.xml to set the session cookie config secure
flag to true to work around it.

    <Get name="sessionHandler">
        <Get name="sessionCookieConfig">
            <Set name="secure" type="boolean">true</Set>
        </Get>
    </Get>

But something is still off, because when I get the SessionConfig via the
ServletContext, the getSessionCookieConfig().isSecure() returns false.

Before I spend any more time on it, please let me know if there is
something significant that I must be missing.

Thanks,
Ivaylo