> >> I really don't like the idea of standards prohibiting potentially
> >> useful functionality.

I would like a better understanding/description of the problems that would
be caused by having persistent values for these objects  in some
implementations and volatile values in other implementations, to justify the
MUST NOT usage.

I would like a better understanding of the benefits that might lead some
implementers to have persistent values in their implementations; what
possible useful functionality could we be prohibiting by making this a MUST
NOT?

David Harrington
ietf...@comcast.net
+1-603-828-1401