On 20/07/16, 3:39 PM, "Tal Mizrahi" <ta...@marvell.com> wrote:

>Hi Carlos,
>
>It all goes back to the threat model; which threats you want to address,
>and which ones you don't.
>
>The way I see it, roughly speaking there are 3 classes of threats (there
>ae probably other threats, but these are the basic ones):
>- Misroute / misconfiguration (not a security attack).
>- Attacker with no on-path access.
>- Man-in-the-middle (attacker *with* on-path access).
>
>It looks like the third threat (man-in-the-middle) is currently not
>addressed by POT.
>I certainly agree that this threat is the more difficult to implement of
>the three.

Thanks for such classification, we shall work on better threat modelling
and clarity in our next version.

Now , Can we put some concrete high level protocol names here that could
use POT and prone to MITM ?
Helps us understand the validity of the ³mix-and-match² attack you
described in a more concrete context.