FWIW - I agree with much of Alan's observation and with his approach here.
Documenting an existing protocol does not mean changing it. Asking for
changes in the content of the document (including more details about
implementation of parts of the protocols, and security implications of
deploying this technology in today's Internet) does not mean changing the
protocol. These are legitimate comments and IMO necessary changes to ask at
WGLC phase. Keeping 'changes to the minimum, omissions or contradictions
and those required  by the publication process' is not a WGLC goal.

Regards,

Dan