On May 16, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Ignas Bagdonas <ibagdona.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>    I don't see how reviews (which were ignored) can be construed as "no
>> evidence" that the authors were ignoring reviews.
>>
>>   Which was my point.  If document authors issue new revs irrespective of
>> what the WG suggests, the chairs should replace the authors with ones who
>> work towards WG consensus.
>
> No-one has seen the -07 revision yet, therefore it seems to be too early to
> make judgement whether comments and suggestions were or were not addressed.
> Authors have promised to address the raised comments discussing them on the
> list and responding to previous reviews.

  My comments (again) were that there was a history of ignoring the reviews.
At the time I made that comment, it was true.  I find it troubling to see a
response saying there's "no evidence" of such a problem.

>>   The alternative is to accept a draft as a WG document, and then to allow
>> the authors to do pretty much whatever they want, and then to rubber-stamp
>> the final document as an RFC.
>
> That is not how the IETF works. I fail to see what else could be commented
> here.

  I'm saying until I complained, that *was* largely the process being used in
this WG.

  Alan DeKok.