On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF
> <spencerdawkins.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, Benoit,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:15 PM, Benoit Claise <bcla...@cisco.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The way I see it, we're going to fix comments forever.
> >

> > Right. But my concern was that the text that we're reading for an up/down
> > vote can change after we read it, so I should be tracking the proposed
> text
> > changes.
>
> [ Updating in the middle of the thread as this seems the logical entry
> point ]
>
> ... so, we are not updating the current version (we wanted 7 days for
> people to read it), and so will be (I believe) balloting on that --
> but, just like any other document we ballot on, the RAD will pay
> attention to comments received and "Do the right thing".
>
> I believe that EKRs comments are helpful, and Kathleen hopes to
> address / incorporate them before the call. I will be putting both the
> current (being balloted on) and updated version in GitHub (for a
> friendly web enabled diff) so that people can see what the final
> version will actually look like.
> So, I guess we are formally balloting (unless the DISCUSS is cleared)
> on the text as written (-22), but with an understanding that the AD
> will make it look like the version in GitHub before taking off the
> Approved, Revised ID needed / AD follow-up flag.
>
> Confused yet? :-P

Hi Warren,

Thanks for this note.

It's too bad that we aren't able to see the proposed revisions at this
point, but I appreciate your commitment to working through the
remaining issues, and I think we should be able to reach a
satisfactory resolution. In the interest of not forcing everyone to
read the document by tomorrow, I'm going to change my ballot to
Abstain.

Best,
-Ekr