Hi,

A cursory look suggests our implementation (on Aviat Networks WTM4000 series
products) does follow the technical details in this standard.
This is based on a cursory reading of the standard and the relevant source code
- I haven't done any testing to ensure this.
I note that we have made no special effort in this implementation to ensure
security, besides requiring the use of obfuscation.

Regarding the recommendations, this implementation:
* Does not support TAC_PLUS_UNENCRYPTED_FLAG (follows recommendation in 9.5)
* Does treat TAC_PLUS_AUTHEN_STATUS_FOLLOW as TAC_PLUS_AUTHEN_STATUS_FAIL
(follows recommendation in 9.5)
* Does not check for unknown mandatory authorization attributes (against
recommendation in 9.5)
* Does not take any steps to ensure the channel is secure (this is left up to
the network administrator)
* Only supports PAP (against recommendation in 9.7)

Single connection mode is not supported.

We use session-based authentication - immediately after authentication we send
an authorization request. The reply must contain a custom attribute to identify
the allowed groups of commands, or else the login is denied. I believe this is
not in disagreement with the standard.

I also spotted a typo in 4.4.3: PALL should apparently be PASS.

Regards, Alex