On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yup - I'm expecting some updates will be needed. Joe had already
requested SecDir feedback (and we haven't received any yet), and I've
asked a SecAD to review as well, but they are overloaded...

> Also the cert needs checking if only for the correct serial number or other
> fields that should match but also for the other standard cert checks
>
> I think that more references are needed.  DHCP yes, but also RADIUS, TFTP,
> HTTPS, 802.1AR, SMIME

Hmmmm - I'm normally much better at adding references as I write the
document, but this time I somehow didn't... I also feel that the
quality of the writing is not up to my usual standard - I have done a
number of copy-edit passes, but some of it still feels clumsy..

But, yes, good catch -- I added a bunch more references, and posted a
new version, which includes a number of previous commits, including
mcrs'

Thank you very much,

> Tom Petch
>
> Thank you for the shepherd writeup / review,
>
> P.S: Apologies all for the terseness of this email (and other emails)
> - I am attempting to improve my typing, and so am trying a split,
> ortholinear keyboard, and am having a REALLY hard time adjusting...
>

> > --
> > Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works
> >  -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

> --
> I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
> idea in the first place.
> This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
> regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
> of pants.
>    ---maf

idea in the first place.
of pants.