From: OPSAWG <opsawg-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Joe Clarke (jclarke)
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 5:25 PM
To: opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: [OPSAWG] CALL FOR ADOPTION: An Update to the tcpControlBits IP Flow
Information Export (IPFIX) Information Element

Happy new year, all.  One of the AIs that slipped through the cracks coming out
of 115 was a call for adoption for draft-boucadair-opsawg-rfc7125-update.   One
of the asks of Med at 115 was to look at what else might need to be done from
an IE registry standpoint.  He replied on-list to that a while ago:

"Yes, I had a discussion with BenoƮt during the IETF meeting to see how to
handle this. We agreed to proceed with at least two documents:

  *   draft-boucadair-opsawg-rfc7125-update to update the TCP IPFIX RFC.
  *   Edit a second draft to "clean" other entries in registry. This document
is intended to include only simple fixes and which do not require updating
existing RFCs. The candidate list of these proposed fixes can be seen at
https://boucadair.github.io/simple-ipfix-fixes/draft-boucla-opsawg-ipfix-fixes.html<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fboucadair.github.io%2Fsimple-ipfix-fixes%2Fdraft-boucla-opsawg-ipfix-fixes.html&data=05%7C01%7CThomas.Graf%40swisscom.com%7C0fc3378bcd7d4776e9db08daf8a75b0b%7C364e5b87c1c7420d9beec35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C638095694937996003%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=2JKQwErsxzygLiYeWWPZFuy2eQ8GueAAnzlzM%2FV85pQ%3D&reserved=0>.
 New IEs, if needed, will be moved to a separate document. simple-ipfix-fixes
may or may not be published as an RFC."

So, let this serve as a two-week call for adoption for the existing
draft-boucadair-opsawg-rfc7125-update document.  Please reply on-list with your
comments, support, or dissent by January 31, 2023.

Thanks.

Joe