Dear Chaitanya,

Thanks a lot for the updated document. As previously stated, as a network
operator, I value contributions describing reasons why packets are being
dropped.

I reviewed the latest document revision and have the following comments:

Looking at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-08#section-4.2.1
 and comparing to https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7270.html#section-4.12, the
listed examples in table 3 are rather generic and do not justify to be
enterprise and could or even should be IANA. I support that IE89
ForwardingStatius reason codes are being added, and your provided list is a
good starting point,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-opsawg-evans-discardmodel#name-information-model
 has also some interesting input to be considered.

Regarding
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-08#section-4.2.2,
 I welcome that the author detailed the meaning of the entity. As I commented
in with the -02 review, it was not clear how it differentiates to

IE15      ipNextHopIPv4Address
IE18      bgpNextHopIPv4Address
IE62      ipNextHopIPv6Address
IE63      bgpNextHopIPv6Address
IE47      mplsTopLabelIPv4Address

Reading now the section, I understood that the authors try to capture the
exception of a hierarchical lookup failure. Is that correct?

Reading
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-08#section-4.2.3,
 I understand that you would like to gain insights at which level of the
hierarchical lookup the failure occurred. Correct?

Reading
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-08#section-4.2.4,
 I did not understood the difference to IE252 ingressPhysicalInterface. My
expectation is that if sampling is being applied to a logical LACP interface
that with IE252 the physical interface ifindex where the packet is being
received is exported and with IE10 ingressInterface the logical LACP ifindex.

Best wishes
Thomas