De : Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mardi 6 février 2024 23:48
À : Benoit Claise <benoit.cla...@huawei.com>
Cc : Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com>; Andrew Feren <andrew.fe...@plixer.com>;
BOUCADAIR Mohamed INNOV/NET <mohamed.boucad...@orange.com>; Aitken, Paul
<pait...@ciena.com>; Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jcla...@cisco.com>; opsawg@ietf.org;
t...@ietf.org; ts...@ietf.org; 6...@ietf.org; ip...@ietf.org
Objet : Re: [IPv6] [IPFIX] errata eid7775 RE: [**EXTERNAL**] RE: WG LC: IPFIX
documents

Benoit,

On Feb 6, 2024, at 1:12 PM, Benoit Claise
<benoit.cla...@huawei.com<mailto:benoit.cla...@huawei.com>> wrote:

Hi Bob,
On 2/6/2024 6:18 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:
Benoit,

To clarify, RFC7270  "Cisco-Specific Information Elements  Reused in IP Flow
Information Export (IPFIX)” is a public RFC published for the Internet
Community.   Cisco doesn’t have any specific change control over it.
Agreed, but they (Cisco) have to say whether this is an error or not, not the
community.

I would put it differently.    Anyone can report an errata, the Area Directors
make the decision if the errata is accepted.   That may including checking with
the authors.   They do not check with the company where the authors worked at
the time the RFC was published.

Bob

Regards, Benoit

If there are known errors in it, they should be reported in an Errata.  The ADs
who approve errata will take the correct action.

Bob

On Feb 6, 2024, at 1:19 AM, Benoit Claise
<benoit.claise=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org><mailto:benoit.claise=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>
 wrote:

Hi Andrew,

What the document dated from 2011 mentions does not matter too much.
What is key is the Cisco internal document that contains the Cisco IPFIX
registry.
So when I wrote " I don't feel comfortable having an errata on a Cisco-specific
IPFIX", I actually meant: " I don't feel comfortable having an errata on a
Cisco-specific IPFIX without Cisco approving this".

Regards, Benoit