>>>   The consumer of geofeed data SHOULD fetch and process the data
>>>   themselves.  Importing datasets produced and/or processed by a third-
>>>   party places significant trust in the third-party.
>>
>> this is in sec cons already.  you want it moved up or duplicated?  i
>> kinda like it where it is, but am flexible.
>
> I was not suggesting a new placement, just the edit to the last line.

sorry.  sure.

> I propose adding that to the bottom of the paragraph that starts:
>
>    If and only if the geofeed file is not signed per Section 5, ...
>
> By doing that, it does not conflict with the requirement in Section 5
> that the address range of the signing certificate cover all prefixes
> in the signed geofeed file.

   When reading data from an unsigned geofeed file, one MUST ignore data
   outside the referring inetnum: object's address range.  This is to
   avoid importing data about ranges not under the control of the
   operator.  Note that signed files MUST only contain prefixes within
   the referring inetnum:'s range as mandated in Section 5.

randy