From: OPSAWG <opsawg-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of "Voyer, Daniel"
<daniel.voyer=40bell...@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2024 at 8:42 AM
To: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <jcla...@cisco.com>, "Sriram Gopalakrishnan
(sriragop)" <srira...@cisco.com>, Tianran Zhou
<zhoutianran=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>, OPSAWG <opsawg@ietf.org>
Cc: opsawg-chairs <opsawg-cha...@ietf.org>, "Ralu Johny (rjohny)"
<rjo...@cisco.com>, "vyas...@juniper.net" <vyas...@juniper.net>
Subject: [EXT]Re: [OPSAWG] Call for presentations at IETF119

Hi Joe,

I understand your perspective regarding the presentation slot and the need for
prior mailing list discussions. However, given that this draft straddle the
intersection of two standards development organizations (SDOs)—where GTP-U
adheres to the 3GPP protocol and IPFIX falls under the IETF—it may be
challenging to generate substantial interest on the mailing list, despite our
intentions.

We welcome feedback on the draft content from both the GTP-U and IPFIX
viewpoints.

And most importantly , please note that during the IETF week, we will be
requesting IPFIX IANA allocation. This is required to get us going with
“standardized implementation”. Therefore, the purpose of the presentation slot
request is to facilitate discussion around the draft.

Best Regards,
Dan (involved in both 3GPP and IETF)