Eliot Lear <l...@lear.ch> wrote:
    > The data we are talking about scales to number of devices X number of
    > MUD-URL changes.  This can further be reduced by whether or not the MUD
    > file actually exists.  These are not large #s in the home, and in the
    > enterprise, we have iron for such cases.

Also, if you have 1000 instances of device-type X, then one could put all the
potential MUD-URLs into a single table, and then reference them from the
device X definition.  That is, 3rd normal form it, and do data deduplication.
Such a table also can keep one from retrieving the same MUD file (and
signature) 1000 times.

If you really had a problem with the number of URLs stored, which I don't
think anyone will really have.

I don't think we need to keep track of malicious URLs that we ignored.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )