Hi Mohamed, having ingested 9525 (Thank you for pointing it out), we have
updated the TLS Ident section thusly (NB, we moved from SN to subjectAltName as
9525 pointed out its weakness).

New:

3.3.  TLS Identification

   For the client-side validation of presented server identities,
   implementations MUST follow the process specified in [RFC9525].
   Identifier types DNS-ID, IP-ID or SRV-ID are applicable for use with
   the TLS TACACS+ protocol, selected by operators depending upon the
   deployment design. Although limited wildcards are permitted in
   [RFC9525], they MUST NOT be used in presented server identities for
   Purposes of TLS for TACACS.

   For the server-side validation of client identities, implementations
   MUST allow operators to specify which certificate fields are to be
   used for client-identification, to verify that the client is a valid
   source for the received certificate and that it is permitted access
   to TACACS+. Implementations MUST support either:

   Network location based validation methods as described in Section 5.2
   of [RFC5425].

   or

   Client Identity validation of a shared identity in the certificate
   subjectAltName.  This is applicable in deployments where the client
   securely supports an identity which is shared with the server.  This
   approach allows a client's network location to be reconfigured
   without issuing a new client certificate, in this case, only the
   server mapping needs to be updated.

   Implementations SHOULD support the TLS Server Name Indication
   extension (Section 3 of [RFC6066]), and SHOULD include the server
   domain name in the SNI "server_name" extension of the client hello.

Original:

3.3.  TLS Identification

   In addition to authentication of TLS certificates, implementations
   MUST allow operators to specify which certificate fields are to be
   used for peer-identification, to verify that the peer is a valid
   source for the received certificate and that it is permitted access
   to TACACS+.  Implementations MUST support either:

   Network location based validation methods as described in Section 5.2
   of [RFC5425].

   or

   Device Identity based validation methods where the peer's identity is
   used in the certificate subjectName.  This is applicable in
   deployments where the device securely supports an identity which is
   shared with its peer.  This approach allows a peer's network location
   to be reconfigured without issuing a new client certificate.  Only
   the local server mapping needs to be updated.

   Implementations SHOULD support the TLS Server Name Indication
   extension (Section 3 of [RFC6066]), and SHOULD include the server
   domain name in the SNI "server_name" extension of the client hello.

   Certificate Provisioning is out of scope of this document.