Hi Joe,

Thank you for the excellent review.

The changes to address the review can be seen here:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/api/iddiff?url_1=https://boucadair.github.io/udp-ipfix/draft-ietf-opsawg-tsvwg-udp-ipfix.txt&url_2=https://boucadair.github.io/udp-ipfix/Joe-Review/draft-ietf-opsawg-tsvwg-udp-ipfix.txt

Please see inline for more context.

Cheers,
Med

Med] Good point. As you can see in
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/JJAD7ooBNe_gFHRUAiHmK24HBNk/, we
already made changes so that reduced-size encoding can be used even in the
presence of shared options; see specifically this part:

==
[Med] These considerations are not specific to this document and fall under the
generic considerations in base spec 7011 (Section 10.3.3). After think about
this, I added a new section called (ops considerations) with the following
content:

* moved the text about reduced-size encoding to that section
* encourage the use of reduced-size encoding in the presence of EXP/UEXP (that
is the *ExID IEs) takes precedence and thus their flags can be ignored
* add a pointer to transport (including MTU) IPFIX cons.
==

We can go one step further to export SAFE and UNSAFE options in separate IEs.

> At least one document needs to define unsigned256 normatively -
> this doc, tcpo-v6eh, or some other. That document needs to
> explain the byte order representation and reduced size encoding.

[Med] Makes sense. Removed the pointer to 6.1.1 of 7011 and copy/paste the
encoding in the tcp-eh I-D.

> This (udp-fix) document also uses the octetArray type, but then
> defines it as being interpreted as "16-bit fields" (Sec 4.2,
> 4.3). This should probably refer to unsigned16 values, but it's
> not clear that this is a valid use of octetArrays. Being able to
> read such an array as unsigned16 values may require half-word
> (16bit) or word (32bit) alignment, such that reading an
> unsigned16 from a misaligned offset may either result in an error
> or a misinterpreted
> (byte-swapped) value. Please provide an example of use of an
> octetArray as a list of multi-octet values in a published RFC or
> provide an alternate representation (or define one in detail).

[Med] Please see
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/XUeSAPc22OkAPKGJwO54BN2H5wM/.

> Some additional minor suggestions:
>
> Note that the "ex" in ExID already means "experimental option".
> It thus may be useful to consider shortening the name of the
> related two element IDs, e.g., reducing
> udpUnsafeExperimentalOptionExID to udpUnsafeExID and reducing
> udpSafeExperimentalOptionExID to udpSafeExID.

[Med] I prefer to keep the current names as we don't know if other IEs will be
defined in the future to cover other aspects of these options.

> Fig 2 shows the full unsigned256 field, but it is not clear why
> this is useful if the reduced length variant is sufficient. It
> might be useful to show just the appropriate byte.

[Med] The intent is to further insist on the reduced encoding.

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.